Sounds of Joy: Christmas Singing at RCHS!

Ryan K. '22, Staff Writer

On December 17, 2019, the Roman Catholic High School musical students had their annual Christmas Concert. Students played a variety of instruments, such as the flute and violin. The concert band, made up of the trumpet, trombone, and many other brass and woodwind, played “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” “We Need a Little Christmas,” among many other holiday favorites. Billy Gardiner, a sophomore who plays the trombone said, “It was fun to see how many members of the band have improved since last year. The music and arts programs at Roman are only growing, and that growth could easily be seen at the concert.” The Strings Ensemble also played a variety of songs, “Frosty The Snowman,” “Silent Night,” and “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” just to name a few! All of the students worked very hard practicing their songs while learning new things about their instruments each day.

Not only were there instruments, but the chorus students also sang! The chorus students sang amazing covers of Christmas classics, and a favorite of many, “All I Want For Christmas is You.” There was Christmas joy all throughout the night as the students displayed their musical talents and their parents, family, and friends sang along. While musical talents were being displayed inside the Black Box Theater, there were artistic ones on the outside.

Finally, Art students had their hard work shown to all of the visitors. Mrs. Gallagher’s Art students created Christmas Cards which were displayed for all to see. These students worked very hard, and one can see that in their artwork. Overall, the the night was full of Christmas joy. It was perfect to show how talented the students are here at Roman Catholic High School.