Administrator Rad has Radical Plans for Roman

Rigel D. '22

Mr. David Rad grew up in Port Richmond and went to Nativity BVM for his elementary
education.He is a 2007 Roman graduate and studied at High Point University in High
Point, North Carolina for both his undergraduate and graduate degrees.

Before arriving at Roman, Mr. Rad worked in North Carolina at Immaculate Heart of Mary School as a middle school math teacher, science teacher, athletic director, and parish youth minister for
four years. Another job of his was at Bishop McGuinness High School in North Carolina as an assistant
principal, director of studies, and a math teacher for three years.

Mr. Rad believes that Roman gives students the opportunity to give their all no matter
the obstacle. The brotherhood of Roman sets up an environment that spreads vital
leadership skills to the students. Roman helps bring students out of their comfort zones
so that they try new things and obtain new goals. Mr. Rad believes one of the greatest
parts of Roman is the sheer diversity of the school. It brings students from all across the
Delaware valley. Roman has a student from at least every neighborhood in Philly and
some from Delaware and New Jersey. Mr. Rad believes our sense of tradition and the
weight we put on service make our students stand out from the rest.

As a teacher, for Mr. Rad Participation is key and helps connect the
various information found in mathematics. Mr. Rad is also our assistant principal of
student affairs with his main focus being to help students get involved. He wishes for
students to be in something bigger than themselves. He assures students that they will
be able to follow their passion. He will personally help a student who has brought up a
club idea and give his utmost effort to help them create it.

Mr. Rad has a few hobbies with a notable one being his admiration for the Philly sports
team. He has no favorite or least favorite as all he cares about is the Philly spirit that
comes from our teams winning. He is also active himself partaking in white water rafting
and rock climbing. Mr. Rad is excited to be able to bring back the Rock Climbing club
into Roman if possible. He has a niece and nephew that he hangs around and has
fun with.  Said Mr. Rad: “Roman will always be my second home and family.”