Lacrosse Netted Success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lacrosse Netted Success

Luke D. '21, Staff Writer

It was an eventful season for the Roman Catholic Lacrosse team. They were led by senior captains Joe Lojewski, Dom Gaughan, T.J. Fitzpatrick, Jackson Fonseca-Webb and junior captain James Lloyd Adkins. The team finished with a record of 3-8 in PCL play, but never let up in many tough games. The record of the team doesn’t reflect the overall improvement the lacrosse program has had in the second year since Coach Jim Brennan returned to the team. The team improved in almost every possible statistical category from last year. The offensive MVP on the team this year was senior captain Joe Lojewski who netted 30 goals this spring with his lethal outside shot. This and his other contributions at the midfield position earned him second team all-Catholic honors. The defensive MVP was sophomore Oisin Carthy who used his skill and smarts on the field to dominate opponents and lead the team in ground balls and strips. Carthy was also a fantastic catalyst in the transition game as an LSM.

The returning freshman, sophomores, and juniors will continue to work all summer and winter to get better and make next year even better than this year. If you are interested in joining the Lacrosse team please contact Mr. Brennan or Mr. Shields as soon as possible.