Roman Marches for Life!

Colin L. '21, Staff Writer

On January 22nd 1973, Roe v. Wade was brought to the Supreme Court. The case was ruled in favor of “Roe” and abortion was ruled constitutional, and was legal. Since 1973, there have been nearly 44.5 million abortions that have occurred according to the Center for Disease Control, and marchers from all over the world have gathered around Capitol Hill, in Washington D.C., to reiterate the meaning since 1973 at the moment of conception, there is life! Despite the two hour delay on January 18th, 2019 nothing had stopped the Cahillites from attending the 46th annual Pro-Life March. This is an important march for a Christian, as it serves an important purpose! With hundreds of thousands of marchers, Roman Catholic High School’s attendance served as an addition to these marchers, and as a reminder that abortion is not right, and is morally wrong. On the way to our destination, we had prayed the rosary to remind us that God is always present, and God is always with us. We served an extraordinarily important purpose as we served God’s word with true manner.

The Cahillites observed many praying, signs with pro-life slogans, many Nuns, Priests, Friars, Brothers, many Christians, other marchers, and much more! Though, we had just missed some important speakers, we had just made it in time for the march itself. We were one of many Archdiocesan High School students from our area!

After the march we had made our way to Union Station. There, we had entered the Metro, and made our way into Maryland. From there, a coach bus had taken us back to our home here at Broad and Vine.  When we marched at Washington D.C., it served as a reminder to know, serve, and do best for God, and what God wants. Abortion is not moral, and marching at Washington served an important motivation for us to do what is right and, march for the unborn. If we don’t, who is going to speak for those who don’t have a voice?