Winter Sports Update!

LifeTouch Studios

Brendan S. '19, Sports Editor

Hey guys here is a quick update on how all our Winter Sports Teams are doing.

First, our Basketball Team is doing great right now. After blowing out Father Judge by 20 they have extended their winning streak to 7 in a row. They are asking for more and more students to come out and support them in their efforts this season.

Secondly, our Indoor Track and Field team is doing well. After having a rough start due to many illnesses they are looking to finish high in the PCL Championship next week. So far over five students have qualified for states, and Coach Fortunato is hoping to have many more reach their potential.

Bowling Team is having a great season! They are dominating the Philadelphia Catholic League with the level of play they are putting forth. It is looking to be a clear PCL Championship between Roman and LaSalle, as no one can even step up to beat the Cahillites.

The Swimming Team is back in the pool, and ready to go to work this season. After losing many people last season, they are in the middle of a major rebuild to bounce back and be competitive in the league. They are remaining optimistic and are continuing to work hard every day to reach their fullest potential.

Finally, the Hockey Team is back on the Ice as they skate towards the end of their season. After losing many people last season they are in the middle of trying to get more people to come out to participate. So far a good season after winning their first game. Great signs at such a early part of the season!