The Blue Mass of Thanksgiving Honors those who Serve Us All

The Blue Mass is a longstanding tradition at Roman, and it’s a huge point of pride for the school.

Billy M. '19, Co-Editor in Chief

On Wednesday, November 22, Roman held its annual Blue Mass of Thanksgiving. The Blue Mass is a longstanding tradition at Roman, and it’s a huge point of pride for the school.

Every year, members of students’ families who are police officers, firefighters, and EMTs are invited to attend a mass before Thanksgiving break to show our immense gratitude for their service. A widely publicized event, crews from various news stations were also in attendance.

The beautiful ceremony concluded with the blessing and distribution of pins with patron saints of police and fire, as well as closing remarks from Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Tyree Blocker, a Roman alum from the class of 1970. As it is every year, the mass was excellent, and the parents in attendance were extremely appreciative.

“This was my fourth year attending,” said Corporal Jeffrey Miller, State Trooper and
father of Daniel Miller ‘20 and myself, “and I am always grateful for the warm welcome we receive.” Clearly, the Blue Mass is a wonderful ceremony, and hopefully it is something that Roman continues to put together in the many years to come.