Christmas Cheer for Cahillites

Christmas at Roman is a time of many events around the school. Over the last couple weeks, the school has had multiple events.

Cahillites+in+Art+Classes+created+colorful+and+clever+Holiday+Cards+for+display+at+the+Christmas+Concert.+

Cahillites in Art Classes created colorful and clever Holiday Cards for display at the Christmas Concert.

Stephen H. '19, Staff Writer

Christmas at Roman is a time of many events around the school. Over the last couple weeks, the school has had multiple events. On December 10th, SADD through a Christmas party for the less fortunate children of Philadelphia.  In the words of moderator Mrs. Maureen Brown, the party has been known to “change lives” and offers families a chance to truly enjoy what the season is all about.  Likewise, Dr. Beach’s Algebra II classes and other classes raised a large sum of cash to purchase gifts for the kids.

On December 19th , Roman had a full Christmas dress down day, and on the
21st , we had an ugly sweater dress down day. Both days had a great turn out. Similarly, on December 20th ,
Roman held its annual Christmas concert. This event was well-received, “very well performed”, “they
were well prepared” and “I had a great time there” were some of the reviews of the event.

Lastly, December 22nd saw two great Christmas liturgies, replete with excellent sermons and superb holiday music.  At the first mass, Father Stephen DeLacy, Diocesan Director of Vocations, implored all students to pursue the “gift which keeps on giving” namely a life in Christ. This is truly the Roman spirit.