Fall Sports Working Hard

As a new school year begins, our sports teams have been working hard all summer to produce results for their seasons.

Brendan S. '19, Staff Writer

First, our Cross Country Team has been working extremely hard this off season. They had a great start coming in second, and first multiple times in Philadelphia Catholic League races. They are looking to  be a top contender in the PCL Championship this season.

Recently, our Golf Team has started competing in events. With a rough start to the season, the team looks to go into the playoffs strong, and make a nice run. Senior Captain Chris Bannon won all Catholic, and qualified to play as an individual in the District 12 Championship.

Who can forget about our Football Team?  Even though they had a rough start to the season going 1-6, they have left it on the floor every single game, and are determined to not let this season end without a fight. They are looking for a deep playoff run come late October.

Finally, our Soccer Team has taken the field once again. Ranked second in the PCL, our Soccer Team is looking to make a fight in the Playoffs this year. Recently, they beat Archbishop Ryan 4-1 in a big game. Sophomore Shawn Rostucher had a huge game. The team did miss the help of goalie John Nelson.

We commend our athletes for all of their hard work thus far!