Teacher Feature: Ms. Onorato Programming Students for Success

Mr. Flannery

Jefferson B. '18, Staff Writer

Every year at Catholic High we see new faces. Among them are teachers, excited to educate students in a new environment. One of those new faces is that of Ms. Marie Alaina Onorato, our new Computer Programming teacher.

A South Philadelphia resident, Ms. Onorato attended St. Maria Goretti High School and later went to Philadelphia University to receive her Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. She then continued her studies at Neumann University to receive her Master’s Degree in Education. Before coming to the great Roman Catholic High School, Ms. Onorato taught Business classes at Neumann-Goretti for 13 years.

When asked how she liked Roman so far, she shared a similar sentiment to many others and simply said, “Love it.” Ever since coming here, Ms. Onorato has adjusted well to the Roman environment saying that she felt “good” here. She enjoyed Roman so much during her first weeks here she said, “During my first week here, I felt like I was at home and welcomed.” Additionally, she has immersed herself already in the school community by assisting students with iPad issues in the Library each day and has also taken on the responsibilities of moderating Student Council and the Technology Club.

Some hobbies Ms. Onorato enjoys are spending time with her family, relaxing on the beach, and reading. Like every othernew teacher here, we would like to welcome Ms. Onorato to the Roman family and wish her the best in her time to come here.