Welcome to the Class of 2021: Be Sure to Get Involved, Freshmen!

It is important that the new students work hard and represent Roman Catholic well, whether it be through academics, athletics, or through other talents.

George G. '19, Staff Writer

The Class of 2021 had been looking forward to this day for a long time. As students arrived by car, bus, subway, and train, so did September 6, 2017 and the first day of high school! This is a day that the incoming freshmen class of 257 boys from across the tri-state area will never forget.

This group of new students, one of the largest incoming secondary classes in the Archdiocesan system, entered Roman Catholic eager to begin their new adventure, and Roman was excited to welcome them through its doors. The moment the students stepped through the door they enlisted themselves not only into their first year of high school, but also into a long and prestigious history that dates back to the school’s founding in 1890. The students made their way around the halls that they would call home for the next four years and found their classes. The new Cahillites met their new teachers as well as friends that they will keep for life. This day was just the beginning of a great adventure that will last the next four years.

Roman Catholic has much to offer and the Class of 2021 should take full advantage of it in order to maximize their high school experience. It is important that the new students work hard and represent Roman Catholic well, whether it be through academics, athletics, or through other talents. Getting involved is one of the most important things to do during high school, and Roman offers many different methods for doing so. Additionally, extracurricular activities are a great way to meet new friends that share similar interests, so getting involved is a must for the freshmen.
The freshmen might not realize it yet, but high school flies by, so they better make sure to cherish it while it lasts.